It’s Martin Seligman again. I didn’t read every paragraph of the book, kind of picked and chose what I read. There are some interesting facts mentioned, such as a ranking of countries by how happy their citizens are (the happiest ones are not necessarily the most developed ones). China ranked fairly high. I bet that surprises lots of Americans.
A few points I’ve taken away from the book:
- Social life is strongly correlated with happiness. All happy people have a rich and fulfilling social life.
- Married people statistically are happier.
- Higher percentage of religious people are happier than those religionless.
- Money has little to do with a person’s happiness.
- Use your signature strengths (there is a test for you to find out what they are), you will be happier because of that.