Lately I’ve not been blogging much. There are a few reasons for that:
- I’ve been spending lots of time on Facebook, which I just joined a month ago.
- I got into poker, Texas Hold’em Poker. I’ve been playing (mostly on Facebook) and absolutely loved it. At the time of speaking, my poker status is “Poker Pro” with about $15,000 in my bag. My goal is to get to at least “Big Dog”, preferrably, “Shark”. :-)
Texas Hold’em is a fascinating game, so many facets to it, full of strategies and a lot are based on observations.
- I’ve spent quite some time reading and commenting on a couple of friends’ blogs, who have been blogging like crazy lately… (you know who you are!)
- I’m in a lull.
- A couple of other things that were occupying my mind, which I cannot blog about.
However I also remind myself that there are more than a few reasons that I should keep on blogging:
- I want to keep a record of my life, my thoughts, my mind so in the future when I look back, I will truly experience that famous saying, “my whole life flashes in front of my eyes”. I just hope after that I would not die.
- I want to engage my readers, however many, or few, there are.
- I want to keep up a commitment I made when I started. There are few things in my life that have lasted for longer than ten years (with the exception of family, a husband and some friends). A personal blog may not be a very significant part of life, but a will to commit is.
- I have a voice, I like to express, that makes me a great candidate for this modern creature called “blogger”.
- I consider writing artistic expression. That would make one who writes an artist (whether a good or a bad one is another issue). It feels good to think of self as the creator of something meaningful.
- I type fast.