The show was over, champion crowned. Once again America didn’t vote for the best technical dancer (last time that happened was when Mario Lopez lost to Emmitt Smith). This time however I’m not even sure Helio was the most improved, but that doesn’t matter any more. It was a great season with lots of quality dances, tons of drama, and tremendous fun.
About Mel B. After watching tonight’s Mambo I was very convinced that she is the best technical dancer, female or male, this show has ever seen. In some sense I even feel she’s better than Sabrina Bryan. The latter is the better dancer, but the former is the better ballroom dancer.
I’m a bit sad that she didn’t win, partly because I really thought a woman was going to win this time, with such a strong cast. I guess American voters like underdogs. And more important, they like likable personalities. Which is really not surprising when you think of it. This, after all, is a reality TV show, not a dance competition.
- DWTS The Finals: Freestyle
- DWTS Week 9 Results: Bummer
- DWTS Week 9: It’s Raining 10s
- DWTS Week 8 Results: In No Particular Order
- DWTS Week 8: Face, Lower, Feet
- DWTS Week 7 Results: A Subdued Night
- DWTS Week 7: Two Dances
- DWTS Week 6 Results: The Bizarre
- DWTS Week 6: Mel B
- DWTS Week 5 Results: Ratings
- DWTS Week 5: Latin Night