First, the no-surprise, I called it first here last night, Mark Cuban would be safe. Glad that America rewarded the hard worker.
Now the shocker, but, to think of it, it really wasn’t one. My week 1 result recap was subtitled “Fan Base”, where I said “fan base is always a big factor in the first week”. Well, guess what, the second week is not much different from the first. Another model went home. This could be bad for ABC if they want to attract future models or Miss USAs. Last season it was Paulina and Shandi, this season is Josie and Albert. All of them, if given enough time, have the potential to improve to be good or very good; none of them, as they were when they left, was worse than Wayne Newton.
Other than being Mr. Las Vegas, Wayne Newton has another factor going for him, Cheryl Burke. She has lots of fan support as result of her first two wins. I just hope next week, if this power combo survived another, the victim would be someone who was a bit more deserving, deserving to go home that is.
A few other random thoughts:
- The encore of Helio/Julianne Mambo confirmed what I said earlier, there was no Mambo basic steps whatsoever and his little to none hip action was mostly covered up by the choregraphy, the loose jacket and the dancing cape in front of him that is called Julianne Hough.
- I liked the reaction of Jennie/Derek when they were called safe. For some reason Derek Hough came out as such a likable person. I’m still rooting for this couple.
- Mark Cuban was called safe so early. He had to be very happy about it. I think this season the order they announced, even if they said in no particular order, has to have something to do with the total votes, and who they’d like to reward (so they won’t have to stand for so long and wait!).
- “She’s just so expensive”. Classic.
- The Coming DWTS Season
- DWTS Opener, The Women
- DWTS Opener, The Men
- DWTS Week 1 Results: Fan Base
- DWTS Week 2: Cuban